Thursday, January 19, 2012

Letters

Everyone loves to hang letters in their kids room.  Hobby Lobby sells some pretty cool but boring letters.  When I was in college my roommate and I decorated our letters so we had a personal touch to our office.  We used puff pate and they turned out super cute, but also rather permanent.  Once they were dry, you couldn't make many adjustments.

When my niece was born in November, I wanted to be sure her name was hanging in her nursery.  I didn't want it to look tacky or boring and I wanted it to be letter she could leave hanging for a long time.  I bought the same letters from Hobby Lobby, but this time, NO FABRIC PAINT.  I chose to cover each letter with a different scrapbook paper.  When we had the baby shower we made invitations using a floral variety pack for a "Garden Party Shower".  I had some of the paper left and it worked great to cover the letters.  I simply applied double sided tape to the face of each letter and stuck the paper on.  I flipped the letters over, than used and exacto-blade to cut around the letter.  It worked perfect!  Just make sure your blade is sharp and your paper is stuck on very well!




No comments:

Post a Comment